Thursday 24 November 2011

Making money from art and images on-line

Following on from the previous posts concerning Zazzle, I am toying with another way of making a little extra on the internet.


Have you heard of Redgage?

It is a site which pays for views of your on-line work. You can theoretically use work ( images, photos, documents, videos and links) that already exists to earn money. Some aspects ( eg import tool) of the site do not work yet although it has been going for a while but even uploading stuff manually can be profitable. It is obviously not a way to raise a quick buck but over time the income of some of the contributors appears to be very worthwhile. I have been uploading photographs, images and links to other sites. After a few days and only some dozen or so uploads, I have seen income eqivalent to pennies but as always, I will watch the totals with anticipation.

Another interesting development is that You Tube is starting to allow users to monetize their video contributions and will be paying a proportion of the advertising revenue earned from Adsense. I have started to register some of the videos that I have posted on there. Again I expect it to be mere pennies but it will be interesting to see just how many. My thought is that even a few pennies will help to pay for some of my art materials, and that can't be a bad thing.

No comments: