Wednesday 21 April 2010

Little Row House bonanza

The latest challenge in the Row House group on PDA ( paper digital art and images by Kim) was to complete at least one set of ten ( yes ten) row houses on "proformers" sent out by Kim. The theme was, " in a colourful neighbourhood".

Got mine late thanks to the Post Office, well all the US based members seemed to receive theirs well before the UK based members. And then force majeur seemed to prevent me from early completion of my entries. I was installing a new kitchen (still got a long way to go!) birthdays ( my DW and MIL who is now 99 years old) and the first bit of sun in ages meant that the garden needed tidying, at least my wife thouht so. But have finally got them in the post when the airlines in the UK and most of northern europe were grounded by this blastedIcelandic volcano, flights have now resumed but delays will have caused huge backlogs for commercial organisations as well as holiday makers.

Anyway, here they are; BTW these images are 96dpi and have been copied from 300 dpi scanned images on my flickr photostream. I know the screen resolution is the former but they look so much better on Flickr.


Photobucket
"He saw her face everywhere"


Photobucket
"The morning after the night before"


Photobucket
"Peace"


Photobucket
"The Master"


Photobucket
"Warning Signs"


Photobucket
" Madame Butterfly"


Photobucket
"The Optimist"


Photobucket
"Party"


Photobucket
"Love"


Photobucket
" The Key To Happiness"

-a little money and a great sense of humour!

they are all simple collages and the houses are 2 inch ( 50 mm) wide, so a little smaller than an atc. I have used a pastel pencil to touch up small areas of colour where I needed to match elements and I painted the key, above, with a watery acrylic gold paint to allow the text to show thru.

Here's hoping they are not delayed for too long or worse yet lost in the ether ( aka PO wharehouseing system). Thanks for looking.


1 comment:

nancy said...

What a great little series, John. I love the first one, and the other clown one. So different in style and everything. but the "see her face" one i really love.