Tuesday 30 June 2009

error with Blogger blogs, using IE8

I have noted several times on the last few posts that I have been having trouble with Blogger ever since I downloaded and installed IE8. I have just noticed this on the Blogger help forum....

I found this on the blogger list of known problems...
Some users are seeing an 'Operation Aborted' error message when trying to load their blogs from Internet Explorer. We're looking into this and will update this message when we have a fix.


We apologize for the inconvenience.

Update (May 26): We are still working on resolving this bug. This only affects viewers using IE to view the blog; for right now, blog owners can either move the Followers gadget lower in their sidebar, or remove it altogether. Either action will eliminate the pop-up dialog box in IE.

It actually seems to work, I know of at least one friend who has tried it, and it seems to work for both of us. It is a poor substitute for a fix since you would normally have the follower gadget near the top ( I would think) and not at the bottom. But needs must.... I hope to be able to resume normal service as soon as possible.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am having the same trouble. It's nice to know I am not the only one.