Saturday 4 July 2009

(Almost) a new venture.

I have just started a new series of Squidoo "Lenses" based on some of my very old blog postings. The idea of these posts was to show some of my sketches and discuss why and how these came about. And further how they led ( where relevant) to finished paintings.

I have been trying to get back into painting recently, not because I want to stop collaging but rather that I want to do both. Over the past couple of years I have been neglecting my roots as an artist and I want to re-establish them. I was browsing some of my old work, and decided that I would re-visit the blog posts where I had showed these and decided that I could add more - hence the "Lenses".

For those new to Squidoo, a lens is simply a single page web-site.

The original aim of this blog was to write (and show) how I was progressing in my chosen hobby, and to include failures as well as successes ( hence the title! ), it has become more of a way of simply showing off new work and is really complementary to my Flickr photostream. So I hope that you will be able to visit the new Lenses as they are written, and the first draft of the new introductory lens is available for comment. ( I must be a fool??)

No comments: