Saturday 6 February 2010

Another month and no posts.

Well here we are again, I have simply not been posting as I ought. Lots of things going on at home and keeping me busy. I have been creating - quite a creative time for me actually, I must thrive under the pressure. However I am hoping to be able to post regularly from now. I shall do a very quick catch-up of some projects since my last post.

What have I been up to....

First, there is my ongoing commitment to the ladies of the ARTFUL IDEAS Group on Flickr. A wonderfully talented group of artists taking a fornightly challenge to create mixed media ATC's. If this is your thing then give the group a once over. A couple of my recent entries have been:-

Photobucket

Photobucket


Both created for a challenge with a theme of pockets. Another challenge I have started is with the group on Flickr, Collage Play with Crowabout. A collage sheet is provided every week for members to use to produce a collage, digital or cut-n-glue, which is then can then be entered for a small prize ( which I won last week). Examples of the work for this group are:-

Photobucket
The above is a cut and paste collaged post card, simple background and using the supplied elemnts to complete the piece.-

Photobucket

A digital collage, I used virtually all of the elements in this weeks collage sheet, but also a texture from the hands ( and PC ) of Ange ( known as rubyblossom) on Flickr. Not very evidenet but helps to offset the sharpness of the background element here.
I have also been getting more tied up with a newish group/community website run by Kim Newberg on Ning. ( link to be included). This group runs atc swaps, row house and charm swaps
and a variety of challenges. Something for most everyone in fact.
some creations for this group lately have been:-

Photobucket
A collaged postcard, the owl & pussycat sketch were borrowed from jerseybarb85, I thought they looked real cute. And just the thing for my "B for Boat" piece
.

Photobucket

An ATC created for a "Lace and Finery" challenge,

Photobucket

And an ATC with the title "A for apples" - cheeky, what?
Just to round off this catch-up session, here is an example of another pastel painting which I have made at my weekly art group meeting:



Photobucket

It is a version of a photograph I came across of Glen Coe, Scotland. I think it was the beams of sunlight breaking thru the clouds which caught my eye.
Well I think that is enough for this post, maybe I should have broken it up into three but it is done now. You can catch up with all my art work over the past month or so on my Flickr photostream. I will try to make more regular ( and shorter posts from now on so do pop back often to see how I am progressing.

3 comments:

Rhondamum said...

Your art if fantastic and I especially love the Water Work piece. It really sucked me in. Glad to meet you and looking forward to seeing more! Rhonda...

said...

John, your ATC came today and I just love it so so much. Thank you.

John Dyhouse said...

Thanks Rhonda; and Joy I have e-mailed you