Sunday 1 June 2008

simple ATC's and digital collages

New art has been a little slow coming this week. But I have managed a couple of challenge atc's. The first is based on a theme of eyes from the Make It Mondays challenge on Lisa Vollrath's Go Make Something site. A very simple ATC.... layers of coloured paper, a few circular stampings and an image of eyes.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The second is one in which I have put to use the bottle images whch I started to use previously but never quite got around to completing. This was for a lottery challenge on the Yahoo group Blindswaps.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Apart from these my crafting time has been spent on making artwork for kids with very serious illnesses who are featured on a site called Make A Child Smile. This is also thro' a project/challenge on the same Blindswaps group. From the MACS site three kids are featured every month and members make a piece of art for these and send them as RAK's.

As I used proprietary images ( a WWF wrestling star and carebears) for ttwo of the cards, I am not posting them on this site but I did get to do some digital collaging for the third and here are some images from this.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



a little larger than intended but never mind just this once..... It was certainly a fun project and got to learn a little about the subjects of the artworks, yes including the Care bears... I did Funshine, Bedtime Bear and Oopsy Bear. LOL

Now to get on with some serious crafting .......

2 comments:

Jinny Holt said...

John I love the dolphins and the eye collage-it's very"eye catchin" lmao :)

Patti Edmon Artist said...

Thanks for posting on my blog, John, Altered Attic. Assemblage is an entire new realm, but then again, that's what we're looking for right? I'm nearly finished with both assemblage projects and will post photos soon.
I really like your watercolors and ATCs (the dolphins are so cool)- for some reason I find that format a challenge. I just posted some I did for a swap - not my best work:)
Take care and visit again soon!
patti