Sunday 17 May 2009

a bevy of new atc's

The other day I felt at a loose end ( LOL) and decided to get down to a little crafting. The only problem was that my craft area was not available - don't ask !!! But I did have a growing stash of images and odds and ends including scraps of backing papers and my most often used tools handy ( scissors and glues). So I decided to use up some of this ever increasing pile of goodies. My thanks to all my swapping friends who may have contributed to this. I am very naughty not recording contributors but I tend to save them in a logically useful way and forget where they came from. Recent goodies have been sent from Renee, Constanza, Janet and Nancy amongst others, if I have forgotten to credit you please accept my apologies.

I guess that I am quite conservative in my use of materials and often print out downloaded images for specific challenges so I tend to put this wonderful stuff to one side thinking I will use that tomorrow - well tomorrow came yesterday!

Here is the result of going thru' that evenings crafting:-


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket

The title of each atc is given by the text on that card. At the moment all of these are available to swap via my Flickr photostream. Or contact me via e-mail or a comment on this post.
Well there you have it. Four cards I feel quite happy with from from an evenings work. Something I always wonder about collage is. is it the images or is the way that they are put together and used. For example the last card..... this image of the little girl would look good in almost any situation. Add a background and a small item to complement the image, with a vaguely worded piece of text and you have an atc. BUT is it my skill in choosing and positioning the items or is it down to that beguiling image? Does it matter? I would love to hear your thoughts on this question in general, not necessarily on this card.

No comments: