Tuesday 29 April 2008

ATC's have me by the throat

It is still happening..................... once I start making ATC's I find I just can't stop. If the truth were known, I just find it easier to produce satisfying collaged images than painting. It is so easy to set everything up before finally deciding to glue it down. I think my next step has to be making full sized art by this method. I find that it is so easy this way to keep coming back in short breaks or whatever time I can find whereas with painting there always seemed so much setting up to do. Or is this just my excuse?

But I must remember to do a little drawing everyday, just a few minutes - enought to keep my hand in LOL

Here are another two which I have entered in group challenges/competitions


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The second one seems to be a little washed out here but I think this is because I took the photo in poor light and used the flash

well... the decorating is done, the carpet is laid and the flat-pack wardrobe is assembled. Just got to put all the "stuff" back in. this was our spare bedroom and looks more like a warehouse with all my son's junk. My wife is thinking of letting him move into the newly decorated room so that I can do his room. Oh what joy!

Back to the grindstone, again.....

3 comments:

jafabrit said...

That is how I do a lot of my painting, in short breaks. once in a while I might spend a few hours on one painting though. I can see the appeal for doing ATC's.

Linda Blondheim said...

ATC's are definitely addicting, but in spurts. I am obsessed with them for awhile and then don't do them for awhile. Yours look great.
Love,
Linda
www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Angie said...

I love these John, i have to say ATC's are one of my favorite things to make.